Hi there! 👋🏽
I’m so glad you’re interested in getting mentored by me.
Whether you’re considering a coding bootcamp or you’re already a software engineer and want a second opinion, I’m happy to provide advice based on my 6+ years of experience working at high-growth SaaS companies. 👩🏽💻
Below is a brief overview of what to expect in a 1:1 mentoring call with me.
What can you ask me?
I’m excited to advise you and help out however I can.
Below are examples of topics I’ve talked with folks about before:
- Software engineering career advice and resources
- Differentiating yourself during the job search
- Providing advice on your 1-page PDF resume
- Setting yourself up for success during promotion cycles
- Avoiding glue work as a woman engineer
- Breaking into the tech industry with a non-tech background as a software engineering bootcamp grad
- How to get started in open source
- Diversity and inclusion in tech
- recruiting strategies for hiring underrepresented groups
- Latinx ERG advice and resources
- launching and growing an ERG from scratch
- Latinx in tech
- the importance of hiring more Latinx in tech
- the current state of Latinx in tech
- my leadership work with Techqueria, the largest global community of Latinx professionals in tech
- Frontend web development
- TypeScript, Progressive Web Apps, Static Site Generators, Web Performance, Internationalization vs. Localization, Accessibility
My asks for you
- share any questions or topics of discussion you can think of before our call so we can make the most of our time together 💬
- show up on time for our call ⏰
Book a mentoring session
Book the session via Calendly or check out my services page for bulk package discounts.
Want a free option?
I understand you may not be able to pay for a 1:1 call right now.
Sometimes I offer free mentoring calls during special periods (e.g., Black History Month and Latinx Heritage Month).
I offer the ability to ask specific questions through my GitHub AMA anytime.
No refunds are provided for single mentoring call purchases.
Mentoring calls must be used within 12 months of purchase.
Refunds are allowed for bulk mentoring call purchases within 30 days of purchase. Refunds will be prorated based on how many mentoring calls have already been completed. After 30 days of purchase, no refunds are provided for bulk mentoring call purchases.
Mentoring calls may be transferred to another person at any time as long as there is at least an 8-hour notice before the call.
I have mentored others through formal programs (e.g., Fullstack Academy, Springboard, Slack, Techqueria, Code.org, Code Nation, Mindot, Coro Northern California, and others) and on my own since 2016.
After only a couple of calls with Frances, I can proudly vouch for her kindness and resourcefulness.
Along with her work ethic and passion for excellence, she has always been an absolute joy to work with.
You have been a crucial part of this comunidad.
Thank you so much for everything you did para la cultural!!
Frances is a motivating person that will do amazing in no matter what position she is in as she will put her hard work.
Her advice was direct, beneficial, and keenly insightful.
Frances was able to focus on craft and excellence — while moving at a fast clip.
Frances was a key driver of the highly successful LatinX Heritage month this past fall.
List of mentoring calls
From February 2016 to 2023, I have clocked in 200+ hours mentoring others, most of which happened through recurring 30-minute weekly sessions.
Below is an Airtable that contains an anonymous list of all the mentoring calls I’ve logged through Calendly.
Happy with our call?
I’m so glad! 💛
If you feel you received value from the call, you’re welcome to provide a LinkedIn recommendation.
Alternatively, you can support me through a small tip or donation via my website, GitHub Sponsors, or Buy Me a Coffee.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
Questions or feedback?
Feel free to DM me on LinkedIn or contact me.