I was invited to discuss the advantages of inclusivity for Latinx employees in the software industry and share my experiences as a successful female Latinx engineer.
I wanted to share the space with my friend, Josh Torres, who is an excellent speaker and could share his own unique insights.
It was 1-hour virtual event with ~100 attendees.
Athenahealth is a private American company that provides network-enabled services for healthcare and point-of-care mobile apps in the United States.
Athenahealth is made up of about 4,000 US and remote-based employees and they have offices located in Seattle WA, Austin TX, Atlanta GA, Boston (Watertown) MA, Burlington VT, and Belfast ME.
- Importance of Latinx representation in software engineering
- Personal experience as Latina engineer
- HR strategies that work for hiring/retaining Latinx employees
- Why hiring managers should have diverse pools when hiring
- How companies can partner with communities
- Employee Resource Groups
- Community Partnerships