Frontend Engineer (Web) on Customer Acquisition Team
Slack is where work flows. It’s where the people you need, the information you share, and the tools you use come together to get things done.
San Francisco, CA (HQ)
June 4th, 2018 to Present
- Vanilla JS
- PHP for controllers
- modern vanilla JS/CSS for view
- mySQL for model layer
- some Smarty and Handlebars for templates
- June 4, 2018 – started as G3 (Associate Engineer)
- June 26, 2018 – new manager
- December 3, 2018 – new manager
- February 1, 2019 – pay promotion
- April 26, 2019 – Slack filed to go public
- August 14, 2019 – new manager
- February 1, 2020 – promoted to G4 (Software Engineer)
- December 1, 2020 – Salesforce to acquire Slack
- February 6, 2021 – pay promotion
- March 1, 2021 – new director
In this role, I work on a cross-functional team and use my deep understanding of web technologies to improve the Slack.com experience with a key focus on usability, performance, and accessibility.
- Lead engineer for top 3 pages visited by sales leads creators — Homepage, Contact Sales and Enterprise LP
- Influenced $15M in pipeline and 7.7M web impressions as lead engineer for Reinvent Work campaign
- Lead engineer and maintainer for Contact Sales form.
- Since launching form in December 2018, there’s been a total of over 10K unique leads and over $50M in pipeline generated.
- In 2019, the form generated 31.7% of leads and 40.4% of ACV ($8.2M) for conversational marketing efforts.
- From August 2020 to August 2021, there were nearly 500K visits to the form alone with a 99.7% success rate on first submission.
- Launched Fuego, Slack’s first Latinx/Hispanic ERG, as Co-Lead and was awarded merit bonus for organizing 13+ workshops and growing active membership by 4x
- Engineered 10+ high impact landing pages including Pricing, Become a Partner, Spec Conference, Workflow Builder Beta, Team Chat, Slack for Good and University Recruiting
- Recognized with a company award (“Win of the Week”) for organizing React training with the creator of React Router for over 30 senior level+ engineers
- Led one of the largest ERG events for D&I and recruiting called “Turning Failure Into Fuego”
February 1st, 2019