I took a nonprofit course through CEN (the Center for Nonprofit Excellence) so I can better understand nonprofit governance as an ED of Techqueria.
The nonprofit sector needs resilient and knowledgeable leaders to deliver integral services. Especially now, amid COVID-19 related challenges and the subsequent impact of this pandemic. To address this need, CEN now offers our Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Boot Camp online. This course will give you the opportunity to learn from industry experts, explore the nonprofit business model, develop your management skills, and gain a robust toolkit of resources to excel and sustain yourself in a nonprofit career. Additionally, we’ll be embedding timely content (coping resources, fundraising strategies, etc.) to address current challenges.
The intensive Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Boot Camp is a 3-day, not-for-credit certificate course. It’s targeted for new executives, managers, board members, and emerging professionals from the nonprofit sector.
- Leadership — Make the shift from individual contributor to leader and learn how to increase your impact by building and managing a strong team.
- Financial Leadership — Understand the unique aspects of nonprofit financials and to use this information to create greater financial stability for an organization.
- Strategic Development & Operational Planning — Learn the core principles of creating vision and a strategic framework, and how to build capacity through efficient and effective operational planning.
- Fund Development — Explore comprehensive, proven fundraising concepts and gain specific tools and techniques that enable and empower fundraisers to effectively plan and manage development efforts.
- Governance — Learn the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit boards, how build a board to meet your strategic vision, and how to engage board members.
- Special Topics — Special topics vary by class and may include: Marketing & Social Media for Nonprofits, Measuring Impact, Technology, and more!