Everyone has different preferred learning mediums for programming, so you should figure out what yours is and optimize for that.
Examples of different mediums:
- online interactive courses (e.g., Learn React)
- project-based challenges (e.g., 30 days of React)
- video series (e.g., Beginner React Course)
- audio podcasts (e.g., JS Party)
- meetups & conferences (e.g. JSConf)
When I first started learning how to code, I preferred using Codecademy and Code School (RIP). I then amplified my learning with more online courses, coding bootcamps, and in-person meetups and conferences.
Nowadays, if I want to learn new technology, I try to take a free short online course on it and then just start digging in using the documentation. That’s pretty much it.
A star beside the resources indicates it is one of my favorites. ★
- Codecademy – Learn TypeScript
- Codecademy – Learn React
- Wilco – Hooks of Change
- freeCodeCamp – Learn React